Sunday, February 27, 2011

oops

somebody help me








OMG what did I just do?

its delicious anyway, for me at least.


This is nasi ayam, my style
my delicious mess
It's really different from what I envisioned it, but it will do.
I bought a whole chicken yesterday, cut it up,
 marinated with garlic, thick soy sauce, oyster sauce, etc
then remembered I had to boil the chicken first (I use the soup for, well, soup, and the chilli sauce, and the chicken rice)
then I marinated the chicken again, and went to the nearest car wash as I felt lazy and tired (havent eaten since morning)..the car wash took it's own sweet time (><), and by the time I went back home, the soup was more then ready, and the chicken too soft and crumbly to actually fry, as originally planned
So I did the next best thing, fry all of it together and make the "ayam kicap pekat" you see
 on the upper right
Next was the rice, I had made a perfectly fried (tumis) blend of onions, ginger , butter and spices
but used only pipe water for the rice (><).
As usual, after a split second, I went 'Oh well', and proceeded to pour the contents into the sink and added the necessary soup water, and added more butter and some salt. the result is what you see on the left upper corner
The soup and chilli sauce werent much of a big deal..I put a lot of stuff in, because I couldnt find any cucumber, and the cholera cases freak me out a bit about eating raw vegetables.

Whatever it is, I had fun making it, and the taste was good, for me

The problem is I made too much of it

No comments: