Friday, January 06, 2006

blogspot vs friendster

i told my family about this blog..but almost immediately we found a flaw if i move to this place, a quite important one for my family- they cant see updates of recent blogs from here.the one in friendster sends emails of blog updates to all my friends
it's quite a problem,but i like this current blog too much, i'll find a way

blogspot deficiencies (am i correct here?please tell me if i'm wrong,and help me if u can solve it!):
1. no updates! --> i dont blog everyday,sometimes i dont write at all..this could be a problem, since they open my friendster only when notified.if i'm going to keep this blog,i've got a few choices-
a)update my old blog everytime i make a new post here..a simple hi with a link would suffice..or
b)find a blogthing,or something that could help me notify friends who want to read my new posts..
i can think of another option c) tell them myself everytime i post,but hey,what if i forget or am just plain lazy?

2.no friends' updates --> to a lesser extent is a problem,but i usually open close friends'/interesting webpages almost every time i surf.

3.no community pages --> no buletins,no other people..from a certain p.o.v. this could be an advantage..but i bet there are blog communities,out there..even if not..i'll just create one,adding my blogging friends links and making my own group

4.no stats --> i cant see my friends/family unless they comment..i dont know if anyone sees this page.but that's a small problem..i myself choose to be anonymous at times..and even the friendster blog(unpaid version) doesnt have this feature

advantages:
the friend links!
the you-can-do-anything-with-me templates!the links!
the chatterbox!
the people here!
a simpler and editable url!
u can miltiple blog easier!
the connection with picasa(later on you'll know why)!learning about it is aready half the fun(like computer programming),it's cool,it rocks

the friendster blog setbacks:
1.the rigid template --> u're not as free to change the layout as this blog...although it is easier to add changes in the friendster blog
2.we've got friend links,and other blogs link,but where's the link to favourite/friends' blogs?
3.we got to pay for all the cool goodies?
4.sometimes,i dont see any updates notifiers,eventhough a friend had just added a new post.
5.that long url seems to be permanent..(sigh)(http://zyryx.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/)--> see -panjang kan?
6.with the opera browser, i cant open the updated blogs from my hotmail(ok, so this is not friendsters' fault..but it's a glitch and they should look into it)

advantages:
the photo album,
the connection with the friendster profile and homepage,
the updates announcer(139 people get notified if o so much as put an 'e' as a new post..cool),
the community
the long personal history with friendster

No comments: