Tuesday, January 30, 2007

AjNaKan PrRaGiDmA and return of the snow

Hello,
I’m still in Volgograd, maybe I’m really not going anywhere this winter. But it’s nice since many of us are still here anyway. It’s been 3 consecutive nights of eating together for the Malay guys and girls of my batch and Kak Sal. I recently bought some new plastic furniture and swapped tables and in the process cleaned our tables. So that’s about it, hehe

Finally snow returned to Volgograd. I might have forgotten to mention it, the weather in Russia had a sudden change of pattern this year, instead of the usual long white winter I had expected like every other year, we found ourselves in a winter without snow (except for a few days) and the usual icy cold (it’s actually like the Russian spring weather). But no one’s complaining, except maybe me, the pad-faks and 1st years, some other snow-loving Malaysian students I might not know, and maybe the farmers here since more snow usually meant more harvest, and no snow – well, you get the point. It was something a Russian lecturer once told me, and one of my neighbors mentioned about it some time ago.

So I’m thankful for the snow that managed to stay for 2 days now, though some might find it a nuisance as our shoes and boots tend to get wet in the melting snow and sludge. It’s not good to complain anyway, since the weather is not something we control. Wouldn’t that be a big mistake when you think about it,right?And I’m not sure about you guys, but complaining seems to make things worse in most cases, with the wrong way and the wrong people

yep, it's snowing alright

No comments: