Friday, March 09, 2007

tag: weird things about me


I’ve been tagged by amani. Listing weird things about yourself is troublesome even for self-proclaimed eccentric me. Hehe…



  1. Why I’m weird is not because of what I actually do. It’s not like I do something bizarre everyday like –quote from zamani- “menjentik lalat” or anything. It’s actually my way of thinking and my choices, and sometimes it’s not that weird anymore anyway. Still, you should ask all those people who say I’m weird, and find the 1001 reasons they think that way.--- does this count?

    (please allow me to put this excerpt I wrote as I thought)So far..i’m getting none, I’m changing, my hobbies don’t seem weird anymore(and has been listed by others),and memory loss seem to be quite common. Procrastinating seems to be in the normal range too. Liking to keep/collect old stuff & receipts - been there, and still doing it.


  2. I almost always finish eating last in any ceremony with eating as part of the agenda. Many can vouch for this. Some weird eating habits that might have become somewhat my ‘trademark’ are sweating excessively right after I reach that point when most people would stop (especially with spicy food- I cant resist them both ways). At this time, I’d strip off any outer layers of my clothes and ask for tissue (so please be ready to give me some!). oh, and I usually am one of the last to start eating. The girl course-mates fondly refer to me as the DBKL, as I’d be the one to finish whatever’s left but too little or very hard to keep food.

  3. Actually I sweat easily.

  4. I like shirts with mostly only one colour, without any decorations at all. Nothing. Even on the back or in any corner. A pagoda t-shirt was perfect for me back in high school. Some of my shirts are exceptions. Most are plain with a strong color. I prefer fewer decorations, or without any writings or pictures of animals or people, something on the corner’s ok, and especially nothing on the back. But I’ll wear them anyway. Preferences and doing them are 2 different things. ----err... maybe this is not that weird.

  5. I don’t listen to music much. Most of the music I listened to was from my sister’s room during her school days, and from my housemate’s computers or cds. I don’t have a preferred band, music, or even series. I don’t hate any songs (i.e. I don’t mind people listening to music next to me at any time, even if I was going to sleep, because usually I’ll fall asleep anyway). Some are just more appealing than others but that’s it. I seldom open any song by myself, and if I do…that’s weird for me.

  6. I can hold a pen with the outer part of my lower lips longer than anyone I’ve shown it to, and still wiggle it in the process (remember neemo’s bday wish pic?-thanks again)

  7. Most of the time I don’t really care what others think about me, e.g. how I dress (like folding the bottom part of my pants too high, or not combing my hair)..but I try to respect my friends’ wishes (they mean good), and like a Muslim Indian friend told me once 4 years ago ‘we represent Islam wherever we go, our appearance and mannerism should be appropriate so as not to give the wrong impression about Islam to others’(more or less this was what he said, thanks Suhail).
    Back to the point, that’s why I could carry a bulky stupid looking purse around on my belt for a year (it had a tear and my mother bought me a new one), and my camera too (seems practical since I took it out every chance I get to snap something). If you’ve been reading this attentively (and why would you do that?) you might notice that this is part of the 1st weird thing listed about me..hehe

  8. I hate to point this out. But my trademark way of chatting, messaging or any informal chat communication would end in “hehe”, which is presumably my cue to laugh, but might not be funny enough for others to laugh. It’s been with me since my 1st sms.

I did many crazy things, but they are normal crazy since I heard other people I know of do it too. I can try to list them. But that would be another entry. Hehe

I know some people think I’m weird, so please feel free to add anything weird you remember about me, hehe.

I cant seem to tag anyone else, since I don’t have that many links (see my blogging friends list) and som of them have been tagged, but aiza, fadly, gmex, matpih, anum, emilio if you’re interested, you’re on next!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha. youre weird just by being urself u know that?? not that i know u long and well enuff to say that, but at least thats what ppl surrond u think. and i would love to add weird stuff u do bcoz i know there's more than just lowerlip-pencil thing.

and u dont listen to music, thats weird.

flutterby said...

i like number 6 !

flutterby said...

oh btw.. the sweating excessively thing.. so true.. so weird.. are you sure it's not a medical thing? hehe.

ifos said...

I can relate with no.2. The last cos I'd be scraping off the pots n pans, dgn erti kata lain, tolong licinkan periuk2 tersebut. hehe. Some of them don't even seem to need washing up afterwards!

no.8 is also my thing. haha. when i read over my sms, i'd think it's too stoic, cold, whatever blabla, so i'd add hehe, haha, huhu to light things up. mcm org pedulik pn. heh.

zyryx said...

amani: yeah i know,tell me about it..hehe..i think i just rolled my eyes a bit reading that.hehe.i guess date-doctors sould lose their jobs if everyone were like me and they give that "be yourself" advice!hehe

butter: haha..what? if u're thinking hyperthyroidism, yeah, that might explain why my eyeballs grow large as i take a huge bite off my food(it's a habit, i wonder why didnt i put that on the list?hey, i think there's loads more!hehe)..nah.. i'm healthy.maybe too healthy (sweat-wise,not fat-wise)


ifos: haha,i've heard many females boast of their eating capabilities(dont ask me to mention their names)..but i'll give u a break and take your word for it.
unfortunately for me, no.8 got a bit too far, when i actually conversate with hehe at the end of every sentence.ppl call it laughing by myself.you'll notice it sometimes if you look for it.

Anonymous said...

i doesn't matter if you a kind of weird doctor. i love the way you are.