Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Quotas

I wonder why it would be so hard to make quotas; don’t we do them all the time?
Let’s take my case for example.

-Internet time quota:
limited to 1 card per month (around 200- 300rbls, especially since the rates increase the past few weeks)

-monthly expenditure quota:
everyone has this, unless they're freakingly rich, or have freakingly rich and maybe overly generous benefactors, so I’m not going to elaborate more.

- Daily/weekly expenditure quota:
one of those I bend a lot. Depends on my wallet (the one in my pocket, not the metaphorically speaking one u idi- ehem, the next one..)

- meeting people quotas:
after some time, I’ll get tired, so this is an energy-saving measure. This quota is a subconsciously active one. It might be different for different people. I even have a friendliness quota with girls, and other human types, even online…the only ones I don’t have these quotas with are animals and me. I think I treasure my quality time alone.

- Talk quota:
I don’t know if everyone has this. I give my mouth limits quantitatively and qualitatively. I can still only guess the maximum limit, but I try only to talk when it feels right. meaning I’m learning to keep my mouth shut.

-sleep quota:
kinda the other way around, it’s the amount of least sleep hours I need. I’ve been trying to get this one straight (and less), but it’s an uphill battle with my sleeping habits

- Food quota:
I do have it, how else can I get my expenditure quota right, then? Actually, there is not much of it, because it’s a substantially large quota, because I eat a lot, and it can grow depending on my lifestyle.

- Exercise and rest quota:
ok this sounds like bull, and p
artly like a community service message phrase, but I try them too.

- work quota:
if you want proof that I am the opposite of the traditional workaholic, here it is, I try to make it only just enough so that I can get by without too many complaints.
My work motto seems to be “why procrastinate tomorrow what you can procrastinate today”. Man I need motivation.

- My fun-and-games or time-wasting quota:
you’ve been a bad boy zyryx…very,very bad...

- My hobbies quota: again this one works mostly like the work and sleep quotas. I must do my least number of hobby stuff in a minimum number of times allotted. In other words whenever I have the time I must make my decision either to do them or go to sleep, chat etc.

- my ibadah quota- again, no upper limits,just lower ones

- my sin quotas : i'm trying to nail it to zero, but think about what i should do about my visual quota, hearing quota and others that i might not know of...insyaAllah i'll try to in every breath i still have

Sometimes I can be mad enough to break these normally human quotas (I believe these quotas are subconsciously hot-wired to our brains o that we can function normally), and there u’ll see a dysbalance in my character, like some nights when I don’t sleep, which is a cause for me to sleep more on Sundays.

I’m trying to be a good muslim, and I’m trying not to be a spendthrift at anything, but not too penny-pinching either, so I made these quotas with both upper and lower limits, as a means of achieving what they call “wasatiah” in my life, insyaAllah.
or maybe i'm just another wannabe control-freak for some

p.s. – rather than quotas, you might consider this more as aims, but the word quota seems to pop in my mind somehow, probably from the last comment I read here in my blog. Whatever.

5 comments:

ifos said...

thanks for sharing your quotas. haha. I guess everybody has their own little organisation concerning everyday lives, it's just a matter of abiding to 'em rules! ;)

zyryx said...

oh no i think im getting bored with my own blog!

whatever, maybe it's just the after-effects of the infectious disease cycle sapping my strength and mood nowadays...

why am i posting here?- this should be in a shoutout, or that chatterbox out there.

jerald pince said...

until ive read this,i havent realised myself that me too have a lot of quotas for everything!geez.its hard iznit.yeah,controlling your own life is such a hard thing to do.

as if we do.

zyryx said...

haha yeah, as if we do..
sometimes we'll plan, but to live, u'd need to go with the flow,hehe

Anonymous said...

goodluck in fulfilling ur quota!!!
i am sure u can fulfill it insyaALLAH..