Wednesday, September 12, 2007

tidbits to fill some space

I've been dozing off in my class nearly everyday since we started surgery. I think it's the atmosphere..since I doze off during that long final hour, around 1pm, sitting and listening to the lecturer and classmates discussing the day's topic. Yeah2 it's not right. But I do wake up when it's my turn to explain...It's been boring without the internet. You'd think I'd be more productive since my few hours on the net would be less..but no I'm not.Ok, so what happens to those extra hours i get from all of this..hmm..cleaning, rearranging stuff, reading, registering, shopping for much needed stuff, sleeping..and did I mention about the mess we're living in with a broken fridge, a leaky toilet(we cant use the flush and need cement for the repairs), a glassless balcony door(gotta fix that before winter), and a really really dirty kitchen with yet another leaking faucet. To date none of these have been fixed yet. If I were to tell you about what we did, the list would have been longer, but why bore you some more with those little tidbits of my life.

Events past:
- the deputy minister of Kementrian Penerangan Malaysia came to say hi and give the 300 or so of us a dinner. unfortunately less than a hundred came (which meant food was wasted, eventhough we sent most of them to the hostels afterwards, and as the food was for everyone, that's a lot of tasty food spoiled for one lazy evening)

- we (my batch) celebrated our last after-hols massive birthday combo for 10 people namely ete, falah, lin, yik, aruna, bear, wen im, farah, beatrice and suraya. Nicely celebrated, while eating we watched an old home-made movie about our first combo bday celebration, the day before everyone moved out of the hostel, really funny (everyone was different, except my clothes,hehe)

- the 6th course have decided to create a committee (is this spelled correctly?) for our graduation this year- to go out with a bang i guess

upcoming events:

- Selamat menyambut bulan Ramadhan this thursday 13 sept, for everyone!

- the volgogradians are crazy enough to continue our football tournament sometime this month! "better hungry than cold" i guess. Right now, it's really fun playing football in the evening after a long day of class and lecture once in a while

ps: we cleaned the kitchen! bday n the visit's photos later if i have time, and if anyone actually wants to see them anyway

gtg sleep...my lecturer's gonna kill me if I keep this up

No comments: