Saturday, January 08, 2011

tuaran, sabah

that is my current location

a small town, with a small hospital, we dont have wards/ot yet, but it's near enough to Queen Elizabeth hospital for a quick referral and transport
this is the type of town where street lights are non-existent, and road maintenance is occasionally done. I dont know why the lampposts are there, there are obviously no bulbs, but hey, maybe it's a nice decoration.
The people are nice, you get that laidback dreamy atmosphere where there is no rush to get anywhere, no hustle and bustle like in the major cities.
I found a good affordable house, but havent found any housemates yet. The house is fully furnished except for a tv, and a phone line. So there I was, alone, no tv, no internet. Virtually no connection to the outside world except for work. I thought I could live with that, but I was probably going insane already by the 3rd day.
thankfully a family visit and a broadband modem now helps me get my daily dose of that internet electromagnetic wave..it's slower, and my brains might get fried, but I'll chance it in favour of keeping my sanity
Oh yeah, I'm trying to make sense of my life again..reconnecting more with relatives and friends, looking for new companions on the net, for hobbies I might go for, making sense of where I'm going with my career.
I had a few months experience as an anaesthetist in HTAR before moving here, hopefully I can continue to be an anaesthetist later, as it felt great

2 comments:

Wi said...

DONT ..i repeat..DONT settle down

zyryx said...

will try...the sun is so bright.. but will try...