Tuesday, May 06, 2008

the stinging nettle


W


ho would have thought an innocent-looking little plant like this could make such problems for me?




As a sign of respect for what it did to me, and for the 'dendam' I'll keep with me, i've dedicated this post to this little bugger.

would you like to see its thorns?


Here it is!

you can barely see the thorns till you get close enough, but you sure can feel them
Till it pricked me, I didnt even take a second glance at it, but now, i get curious about ALL plants, and get a bit jumpy if I'm too near..
there it is sitting near the windowsill, looking as innocent as all the other plants, the Russians seem to like to grow plants on their windowsill. I wonder would they grow thorny ones
looks more like soft hair
3 of my fingers developed itchiness, and little 'mosquito bites' appeared (can anyone come up with an English or Malay term for this?), with redness... later my previously mild symptoms of headaches, rhinorrhea, sore throat and high temperature episodes worsened.

next up - riviera, and my final polyclinic class, if I have the time

6 comments:

dith said...

Would "erythematous papules" fit the bill?

So it'll be few months more till you finish your course and leave Volgo eh? Good luck in the finals and the coming housemanship. Persevere and gear up for masters. Do not delay.

zyryx said...

thanks, that's right, got a little blur there, kind weird not being able to describe a simple rash correctly barely 2 months before graduating, let's pray I'll be ready by the time i'm taking my exams.

and thank you for the advice, insyaAllah everything goes well, I'll be leaving for good this time, kinda nostalgic, but I need to leave that feeling till after the exams

PS: the Leave your comments and die is a bad joke i forgot to remove, sorry about that, no threats on any life intended-dont be afraid to comment,hehe

Wi said...

urticaria..

hahhaa..dont 'gelabah' ..whr is this place?

zyryx said...

i'd say you're quite right too..i didn't specify the size and urticaria or wheals are what you get in allergic reactions...only if I remember the dermatology class correctly, urticaria is the biggest form (now I'm confused between the vascular and hemorrhagic types, hehe).there were around three or four erythematous papules on my fingers

nah, i never really believe that i'm gelabah. thanks anyway Hopefully I'll get through with it and go home a qualified doctor, insyaAllah.

this is the polyclinic no...er..3 i think..near ВГТЗ
where you'll be having your polyclinic cycles. I wont be going there anymore..maybe forever..hehe..

Anonymous said...

no laa boss.. urticaria is the correct word if you are describing something like an insect bites..

urticaria doesn't classify by size. The size classifying is used in classifying the size of a papula. A good example of it is plague psoriasis. And the lesion on ur hand is surely not a papula like in psoriasis right?

And the vascular and hemorrhagic type is for erythema. u do a diascopy using a glass slide and press the lesion. if the lesion is white, meaning it is vascular, if the color doesn't change, meaning it is hemorrhagic.

Anonymous said...

yea.. i should kacau ur blog more in the future.. wakkakakaa..